I know the first month of the year is over, but I still feel like January has just dawned, and I’m struggling with neon’s, tribal prints, pastel colours and updating my work wear wardrobe with the addition of a new bag and shoes! I know it’s not very positive but for once I’m just not into clothes – perhaps its all the time I’ve spent at home, so I’ve decided to give you, from the comfort of my sofa my likes and loathes of 2012 (so far)
· Guilty Pleasure Celebrity Big Brother – I’m enjoyed being a voyeur into the celebrity bubble – they should have kept Andrew Stone in – was quite disappointed Denise won
· Elemis products – thank you for all my Christmas and Birthday goodies Jack, Claire, Jon and Javi. I’m spoilt for choice and have a different bath or shower theme each day
· Gregory Porter – saw him for the first time on Jools Holland’s New Year show and thought he was fantastic
· Award season – bringing a bit of glamour into our lives
· Oscar films – so many good ones to watch – not sure who will win this year
· Can’t wait until True Blood Starts on 5th February
· Doom and gloom – I’m so fed up of hearing so may negative comments and how long it’s going to take us to recover. We’ve been through worse and I’m sure we will go through worse in the future – just get on with it - moaning’s not going to get you anywhere.
· E-shots – now I normally love an e-shot but if I get another one with another 10% off sales prices or photographs of totally un-wearable items of clothing (even in summer) I’ll scream!
· 102 mile and hour winds – not an everyday occurrence but they have made my garden look likes it’s gone through a spin cycle. Broken fences, walls down and trees uprooted – not nice
· The amount of lotions and potions I put on my face and body – I could save myself hours if I didn’t have to put Elemis eye cream, Lip and Eye balm, Colin serum, Strivectin skin firmer, Elemis Daily Redness relief, Aveno Cream, Boots Foot Cream and not forgetting the smelly Chinese herbs I put on my back! Don’t get me started on my hair – Nanokeratin shampoo, serum and heat protector, KMS Volume Spray and KMS Anti Humidity Spray – Beauty Junkie moi???